Monday, May 30, 2011

I'm Glad I Brought a Clipboard

My weeklong experiment with ads passed pretty quickly. Shortpacked (optional review) and Hijinks Ensue, who clearly cost more than anyone else, but who also returned the most per cent of that investment.

The numbers themselves--in terms of who's reading are--inconclusive:

The people reading just about doubled from April to May, but then the number of people reading from March to April also doubled, which isn't even "people," but just plain old hits. I could have just doubled the number of people obsessively stalking me.


Still though, if stalkers gave themselves pats on the back for making their stalkees feel...a vague, but powerful sense of positivity, then I've got about two who need shoulder surgery right now.

Maybe someone's just reading the archives.

The ads started on the 22nd, and I clearly broke 100 hits per day while the ads were up, but just like with the larger view, things were already trending up.

Discarding a Project Wonderful conspiracy of jump-dolphin click-ninjas or just plain old internet weirdness, I'm pretty happy with the results, especially considering that the price was right.

And considering that I only expended a quarter of the budget I had set aside for this thing, I will be back at it again. However, things are pretty busy at work right now and I'm having a lot of trouble keeping up with Monday through Friday updates (even if Tuesdays and Thursdays are just reruns people have never seen before.). I'm going to wait until I have a rather have a nice pad of blogs built up before I go at it again.

Also, I think those guys at Shortpacked are tired of looking at my ugly banner ad. 

No comments: