Thursday, March 14, 2013

Denver 5 Proof of Concept, pt 03

A few months ago, I and a friend kicked around an aborted comics project featuring superhuman jerks being jerks on a truly superhuman level. Character descriptions are here and the pilot plots are posted below.



Comic 011
1. Cyberparanoid is in a hallway. He obviously sneaking.

CYBERPARANOID (CAPTION BOX)
"I'm a spy, working within the belly of the beast."

2. Close up on Cyberparanoid as he sneaks through a door. He's turning invisible, so half of him should be...invisible.
CYBERPARANOID (CAPTION BOX)
"U.N.I.T.Y.'s altrustic exterior can't be trusted and I'm here to find out the truth. My ability to go unseen is crucial."

3. This is our first look into the break room. If the Denver U.N.I.T.Y. Compound faces the East, then the room is at the 'back' of the North side of the building. It has a simple door on the Eastern end and a clear door on the Western side which is all-glass. That door leads to an external metal staircase which leads down to the first floor and the yard beyond. Beside that door is a flatscreen TV mounted on the wall with a moth-eaten couch facing it. The opposite wall—beside the door that leads further into the compound has a refrigerator and a countertop which bends around to run along the north wall as well with a sink in it. The northern wall between the countertop and the west wall has small windows that run along the top with cheap, gaudy curtains covering them. Cyberparanoid is at the lounge refrigerator taking a Rockin' Fuel bottle from it.
CYBERPARANOID (CAPTION BOX)
"I'm a soldier in a war most will never see."

4. Cyberparanoid sneaks out the way he came in, drinking the Rocket Fuel.
OFFSCREEN VOICE
Who took the last Rocin' Fuel?!
CYBERPARANOID (CAPTION BOX)
"Spies live in a world wrapped in eternal moral greyness."

====
Comic 012 

1. Cyberparanoid, still invisible, prowls through the corridors of the Denver U.N.I.T.Y. Compound.
CYBERPARANOID (CAPTION BOX)
"This diary is a record of my attempts to expose the U.N.I.T.Y. cancer for what it is."

2. Same general setup as the first panel, but he's obviously moving towards something.

CYBERPARANOID (CAPTION BOX)
"I don't think of my exploits as a heroic, but they're clearly selfess actions I take on behalf of all meta-kind."

3. As per panel 2
CYBERPARANOID (CAPTION BOX)
"This journal will serve as a record of the most significant accomplishments of my life; the greatest experiences I've ever had."

4. As per panel 2
CYBERPARANOID (CAPTION BOX)
Shows "I'm a spy, in the belly of the beast," but above that, the words "Day 1" have been penciled in.
====
Comic 013

1. Cyberparanoid, still invisible, prowls through the corridors of the Denver U.N.I.T.Y. Compound.

CYBERPARANOID (CAPTION BOX)
"I know what U.N.I.T.Y. is really up to. The lies beneath the friendly facade."

2. Same general setup as the first panel, but he's obviously moving towards something.
CYBERPARANOID (CAPTION BOX)
"I've read all the theories on the internet, about how they plan on making metas into a second-class slave race."

3. As per panel 2
CYBERPARANOID (CAPTION BOX)
...

4. Cyberparanoid is silhouetted in the doorway of Doctor Bob's office.
CYBERPARANOID (CAPTION BOX)
"Even the lizard man theories I don't quite have the evidence to discount yet."

====
Comic 014
1. Cyberparanoid powers up Dr. Bob's pad.

CYBERPARANOID (CAPTION BOX)
"I can talk to computers; it's my gift"

2. Cyberparanoid opens a blank window in Dr. Bob's pad.
CYBERPARANOID (CAPTION BOX)
"I'm stil working on the fundamentals of more traditional computer interfacing"

3. Cyberparanoid has typed "10 Do Espionage/20 Goto 10" in the window on Dr. Bob's pad
CYBERPARANOID (CAPTION BOX)
"...but I feel confident in my abilities thus far"

====
Comic 15
1. Cyberparanoid leaning over Dr. Bob's pad, it's glow illuminating his face.

CYBERPARANOID (CAPTION BOX)
"My programming knowledge may not be the best,"

2. Cyberparanoid is still close to the pad. He's speaking to it, but his speech cloud is obscured by the caption box.
CYBERPARANOID
"But I can still whisper things that computers listen to."

3. As per panel 2
CYBERPARANOID (CAPTION BOX)
"Subtle things. Insidious things."

4. Thomas Smith and Dr. Roberts at a party, wearing party hats and carrying champagne flutes. It's obviously a party.
THOMAS SMITH
"Why didn't you tell me in the email that Guy's birthday party was a surprise?"
DR. ROBERTS
"Every time I type "secret" in my pad, it opens up Word and starts keylogging."
CYBERPARANOID (CAPTION BOX)
"...mostly."


<-Previous  First  Next->

No comments: