Monday, August 22, 2022

Battlemech Equipment Survey: Round 3

It's weird I've stuck with this for so long. The Battlemech Equipment Survey is an ongoing, swiss-style tournament which pits equipment for BattleMechs against one another. 

I like brackets and tournaments and I don't know a lot of the new BattleTech equipment so it's a great opportunity to get familiar with a lot of it.

Surveys below. The listed matchups aren't the only ones in the survey; just the best ones. I've also included the 'mechs I've made which use the included technologies.

Surveys close Friday evening.

Round 3, Survey 1 - Thunderbolt Launchers versus Light Gauss Rifle, feat the Armstalker, an absolutely mad FrankenMech.

Round 3, Survey 2 - Targeting Computers versus Superchargers, feat Cobra IIC 3 and some stuff about how Jade Falcons are mysteriously upgrading salvaged Cobras.

Round 3, Survey 3 - Chain Whip versus Flail, feat Bear Mace, a refit of an Ebony designed as part of Republic of Sphere psyops. as part of ongoing fanon 'mech design company, Vard Modeling

Round 3, Survey 4 - Land-Air Mechs versus Composite Structure, feat Plug, which, looking back, makes me realize I should occasionally bite the bullet and just make a 'mech 100 tons instead of hitting 95 and telling myself I'm exercising restraint. A FrankenMech pressed into service by Vard Modeling.

Round 3, Survey 5 - Direct Neural Interfaces versus Re-Engineered Lasers, feat Manicouagan, hardened-armored, quad, assault-class vaporware presented in my best approximation of monorail salesman Lyle Lanley to the citizens of the Inner Sphere in the wake of The Republic's collapse.

Round 3, Survey 6 -AP Gauss [Clan] versus Rocket Launchers, feat Fearful Intarsia, which is what would happen if an alcoholic Clan commander gets tired of an insurgency and rings a tech up at 11PM to fix it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is participation holding up? -skiltao

VanVelding said...

It's okay. Hovering around a solid dozen. Thinking about posting it on the official forums. But then I could hammer a nail through my hand. Same effort and more reward.