Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Movie Trailers for October

If September was famine, October is feast. Let's eat!

Digger (October 26th)

You son of a bitch, I'm in.

 

Vampire Carnival (October 7th)

Is it good? No. Is it original or compelling? No. Does it have a model I follow on instagram in it? Look, just watch the trailer.


Clayface (October 23rd)

I don't know if a superhero (villain?) movie can ultimately be some kind of horror movie. This looks like a Darkman, but I like Darkman, so I'm interested. 

 

En El Camino (October 28th)

Limited release, but it looks like a fairly honest gay thriller. Journeys through night shit. 

Just so you guys think I'm raising awareness for softcore gay films, this was produced in part by Diego Luna. A real Hollywood guy. 

 

The Only Living Pickpocket in New York (October 23rd)

Fuck me, it looks good. And that's considering that within seconds, the movie betrays its title by showing us another pickpocket in New York. I hate it when a story betrays the promise of his title.

...maybe if he was a zombie.

 

Prayer for the Dying (October 9th)

This has been on my radar forever, so I'm declaring this release date "good enough." It looks sincerely good, and not because of the big, red letters in the trailer. I like those big, red trailers, but the whole thing looks...compelling.

 

Stranglehold (October 2nd)

Direct to digital, yeah, but I'm actually charmed by the idiots doing crime plot and Ron Perlman and a host of B-list actors doing southern accents. Pencil me in for it.

 

Wildwood (October 23rd)

Okay. They're doing a Labyrinth thing. That's a heck of a pitch. Maybe I just have a soft spot for Avicii's "Wake Me Up." Even though it's a basic song. 

It's basic. 

Avicii should be devastated. 

This was 100% on the list for this month the minute I watched the trailer. No, you're misting up!

 

Ernie and Emma (Currently Touring)

It looks fine. I don't know if I like the balance between humor and drama. But it might also be Bruce Campbell's last movie, and it's a movie that's all his. If you live near one of the places on the tour schedule, try and see it at an Alamo Drafthouse Cinema.

02OCT - Dallas, TX

03OCT - San Antonio, TX

09OCT-10OCT - Austin, TX

30OCT - Springfield, MO

31OCT - St. Louis, MO

06NOV - Indianapolis, IN

07NOV - Chicago, IL

13NOV - Twin Cities, MN

14NOV - Littleton, CO 

No comments: