Thursday, June 09, 2022

The Umbrella Academy Season 3

I enjoyed The Umbrella Academy comic book series enough that I was skeptical about the series.

I enjoyed The Umbrella Academy series' first season enough that I was skeptical about the second season.

I enjoyed The Umbrella Academy series' second season enough that I am still skeptical about the third season.

As always, I'm intrigued by the trailer in spite of myself. 

TUA should be the model folks look at when they're adapting comic books. Well, I guess the Marvel Cinematic Universe should be the model, but TUA should get a sidebar. It has only a passing symbolic resemblance to the original text, but it keeps the concepts and the tone. 

It feels the same without succumbing to idolatry...Star Trek.

We'll see on the 22nd.

2 comments:

SkilTao said...

Hm. Does the main cast of Lower Decks map to the Teen Titans?

VanVelding said...

I only watched the 2003 Teen Titans show, so I'm not really sure.