Wednesday, March 25, 2020

I, Borg

It's a classic, apparently.  It's weird how neither I nor Derek expected to see Hugh again. The...inertia of the series is pretty well-developed by this point.

The less-obvious lesson you could draw from this episode is one about Doctor Crusher. Is it better for her to cooperate with an unethical, although perhaps justified, operation because she has the opportunity to soften that operation? Or is it preferable that she preserve her own moral cleanliness and walk away?

I'm 100% sure what the correct thing to do in real life is. As a rule, at least. But damn, I'm trying to ask questions here, y'know?

Because that "ShOuLd PiCaRD hAvE uSeD tHe CyBeRwEaPoN?" question is a non-starter.

The Beige and The Bold is hosted on Anchor and is available on most podcasting platforms. New episodes go live on Sunday nights at 10:00 PM CST.



source https://anchor.fm/tbntb/episodes/I--Borg-ebulhp

No comments: