Thursday, March 10, 2016

17 to 01: Bye Week

So our queue of Season 3 episodes is healthy, but just to make sure we've got a good buffer going, we're going to take a break. It'll be SOP to take a few weeks of breaks between seasons from now on, partially to build the buffer and partially to let us work on things from the supplemental.

I don't want to leave you empty-handed though. We've mentioned commissioning art a few times for ads and other things, so I thought I'd share. 


This is the commissioned piece for Captain Kirk. I wanted to do one for each crew member, but I'm glad I started with this one. 

It wasn't quite what I had envisioned, but what I learned during the commission will help with making everyone else. That is, if finances permit before the end of TOS.

2 comments:

SkilTao said...

I will never begrudge you a buffer.

And oh hey, forgot you were commissioning art. Is this a generic icon for Kirk poking things with sticks, or does it depict a specific vignette (say, the fight with the Gorn)?

Puts me in mind of a mural I just saw.

VanVelding said...

The Gorn and Trelane. He uses a stick both times and the stick breaks.

I was really disappointed that he doesn't seem to use another one in Season 2. I don't remember the fight scene from Search for Spock that well, but here's hoping.