Wednesday, April 04, 2012

The Prisoner: Fall Out

About a year ago, I purchased--at the unspoken behest of the geek hive mind--the classic BBC series The Prisoner. I watched it offshore to pass the time and I've been sharing spoiler-free responses/reviews with the internet without provocation, cause, or request because that's what the internet is for. Enjoy.

For my final episode review of The Prisoner, I was fortunate enough to get the man himself to find out why it was so..."Fall Out." I curse a lot (I think all the curses), but keep the spoilers to a reasonable minimum.

Believe me, I still love the show somehow, but wow, that last episode.

3 comments:

SkilTao said...

Hahahaha, I love dem bones sequence, but totally didn't twig to it being the same actor from the wild west episode. ...and it occurs to me only now, but maybe the "Chekov's Gun" is what McGoohan is explaining to that cop?

But yeah, that episode, wow.

VanVelding said...

Maybe that was it, but then he ran away, right? Maybe.

But even as a guy who was fond of the way Neon Genesis Evangelion initially ended, this was a disappointing conclusion.

Unusual Number said...

Physically impossible yes but go to the opening credits from The Chimes of Big Ben (plus almost all the other episodes) and it’s very clearly signposted who (. ) is Who is Number One? - You are, Number Six.