Wednesday, September 02, 2026

Movie Trailers for September

This month's movies are defined by how completely off-the-shelf they feel. 

Forgotten Island (September 25th)

Well, y'know, thank the gods for K-Pop Demon Hunters, otherwise we'd never get atypical animated movies set in countries that aren't the US. Is it trying to be KPDH? Probably. Is it still doing it's own thing? Yes. It is a good sign? Yes. I think when you have something--LITTLE MONSTERS! That's the movie I'm thinking of! Little Monsters! Yes, it's so much like that! That was bugging the hell out of me!

 

Tom and Jerry: Forbidden Compass (September 4th)

Yes. But...why?

 

Bad Apples (September 10th)

In a departure, this seems original. Or it would. This won't be a feel-good movie about a teacher pushed too far torturing a brat. She's gonna cross some line then they'll make her a bad guy. Always do. Like clockwork.

 

Mayday (September 4th)

It's on Apple+, but I include it here because it fits the theme. It's a Ryan Reynolds movie 100%. The straight man is...*spins wheel* Kenneth Branagh.

 

The Sun Never Sets (September 4th)

Generally, a movie about a middle-aged woman finding herself isn't a story I'd like. This is no exception.

It was this or Practical Magic 2

 

Your Mother Your Mother Your Mother (September 25th)

I don't know how all of these ideas work together. But I'm curious about an Islam-themed action movie.


The Weight (September 18th)

I feel like it's a straightforward drama. Complete with stakes and requisite twist. Like, if you asked 100 people what drama Ethan Hawke is making right now, they'd make this movie.

 

Heart of the Beast (September 25th)

Maybe it's all the AI videos I see online where the animals act like people, but I don't want to see a CG dog. Also, I've got enough of Brad Pitt this year. I'm just not into it.

 

Charlie Harper (September 25th)

A twenty something drama about relationships and history and memory. Could be good and original...but probably not.

 

Resident Evil (September 18th)

This looks fun. It's the guy who did Weapons and Barbarian, so...that's good.

No comments: