Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Movie Trailers for October 2024

Joker: Folie a Deux (October 4th)

I didn't even watch the first one, but making the second on a musical is a masterstroke, and not just because I really liked that episode of Scrubs.

So what if Harley Quinn is not an olympic-class gymnast and corrupted psychologist? The whole premise of this...series, I guess, is doing what DC does best: larger than life characters in 100 different versions of themselves in stories that get the fundamentals right. 

Canon is for cucks. (Can I say that without being a choad?)

Azrael (September 27th)

Please be a Batman movie, please be a Batman movie, please--

Fuck!


Piece by Piece (October 11th)

I don't get how Pharrell is worth a movie; he seems as talented as any other successful performer. But I can't deny positive vibes with the tongue-in-cheek ton that Lego provides.

On reflection, I have kind of a reflexively negative opinion of a pop star I'm not enthusiastic about narrating their own life story with fairly common, insubstantial aphorisms that I'm too jaded to see are important to a new generation of folks. 

I've talked myself into wishing it the best.

Venom: The Last Dance (October 25th)

Not a trilogy I would have expected to happen, and I'm sure it's not one Venom fans would have chosen, but apparently folks like it. Go Venom. Enjoy your "died saving Earth" award.

Goodrich (October 18th)

Actually...Kevin Costner and Mila Kunis are good and this movie has a solid premise and I did really like that one episode of The Good Place that was basically this, so yeah. Looks good.

The Demon Disorder (October 24th)

Fuckin' tedious.

Daaaaaali! (October 4th)

On the other hand, look at this overcooked morsel. Sure, it hails from a different continent, an eighth continent called "up its own butt," but it might actually be engaging and imaginative.

Saturday Night (October 11th)

Look, I'm biased. I like sketch comedy and I like Saturday Night Live. I missed 2018's A Futile and Stupid Gesture, which featured Joel McHale as Chevy Chase and a part of me will never forgive me for that.

Maybe they'll be streaming on the same service and I won't watch either them, BUT! I'll not-watch them back to back.

Smile 2 (October 18th)

I'd say "why not?" But "you're trying to make good movies" is a perfectly fine answer to that question.

I don't know; maybe some of that venom is from the disdain I feel every time a movie trailer feels it necessary to start with a teaser for itself. Who is that for?

At least it's a horror movie actually released in October.

He Ain't Heavy (October 17th)

I added this one after finishing the blog because I realized I'd missed it. I wouldn't want to remove anything (well, maybe the movie below this one), but it looks like an interesting, I dunno, half killer movie. Like if Mike Meyers wasn't supernatural and his family was dealing with the trauma of trying to protect him and themselves. 

Seems like an emotionally intense movie that will have you screaming, "let the government fucking take him away!" at the screen.
 

The Apprentice (October 11th)

Speaking of horror movies, even if this is a factual take on the history of Donald Trump (what Republicans will call a "hit piece"), making a movie about a person elevates them. And certainly, Donald Trump shouldn't have his ego flattered by having him played by someone as conventionally attractive as Sebastian Stan. Was Adam Driver busy?

Also--and this should have it's own MPAA rating--there's a sex scene.

Also:

Hysteria! - A Peacock series about murder and Satanism. Feat. the only man who can stop Satan himself:

No comments: