Thursday, May 26, 2022

MultiVersus

 

Couple thoughts:

I think that WB forgot that cartoon romance requires one unwilling participant because, problematic as it is, that's what separates cartoons from Rule 34.

I'm afraid that Harley and Taz might fuck.

Dean Pelton voice: Oh, Tom and Jerry are in this?

I forgot Steven Universe could be here.

I don't care about fighting games and I don't really buy shit just because [LIKABLE FRANCHISE] is on it. It's got the Smash Brothers problem where you're just manipulating digital action figures of those characters without any of the real qualities that make them interesting or likable.

It doesn't make you a little sick to make Superman fight The Iron Giant?

I might be interested if there's a story mode that uses the fighting skills in an interesting way with a story that's tailored to each character. I mean, I don't even play Dark Souls, but I'd totally play Dark Souls with Pearl.

 

3 comments:

SkilTao said...

I don't see the appeal. Maybe as a free game for the back-of-the-cereal-box age set too young to remember smash brothers.

At least none of the characters are from non-violent shows, or are outright pacifists.

I guess this explains why I was thinking about smash bros the other day; wanting to combine the n64 controls with gamecube maps and brawl move lists.

VanVelding said...

I...can't reply??? Fuck blogging in 2022, man.

Steven Universe kind of is a pacifist but it's all in good fun.

I'm not that conversant with Brawl. I assume the N64 controls were really good?

SkilTao said...

Throws are a single button in n64, but a combo with a thumbstick roll in later games. The rest of the controls are probably similar enough.