Thursday, May 19, 2022

Mobile Structure: Olestro


I guess I like Battletech.

Someone suggested an incredible loadout of basically everything, as if each of our first Level 2 'mechs didn't do that already. The only way to carry all of that would be on a 'mech which was large enough it didn't need to.

So I made my first mobile structure and probably made it too big.

Definitely too big. It has enough cargo space to mount capital weapons. Small capital weapons, but capital weapons. 

It's hard to pick my favorite feature:

The non-converging NLRMs. 

The iNARC on an assault loadout is good too. Who is this guy spotting for?

I especially love that I put the active probe in the center hex. I mean, this design was not quite a troll, but that Bloodhound Probe weighs heavily enough on the word "not" that it might asphyxiate it. 

That they're NLRM 5's is an arbitrary stroke of restraint. Let's not go wild here guys.

The tantalizing question: Could I add a supercharger? Dare I? What about a blue shield system?

Enhanced ERPPCs were requested even though we're also using full-on Clan ER Pulse Lasers. They're the prototype Clan ERPPC They were either requested because they sounded cool or as another misguided desire to tone the whole thing down.

Honestly, I wouldn't fill that cargo space up with nuclear missile launchers. I'd even resist the urge to create a tank-sized targeting computer to guide hundreds of AC/2's. If I were to take this cursed chassis and refit it, I think it'd be artillery from hell to breakfast at one hex high. A platform that turns hexes into craters.

No comments: