Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Birthright, Pt 1

Derek is actually pretty right about the trend in TNG two-parters, which is kind of embarrassing and kind of makin' me proud. Granted, I only have so many, "pride in my son" moments left as Derek's 'Trek cred comes to rival my own.

Would Jaglom Shrek is the only Yridian we've met and he'd still be the worst if we met a Yridian corpse in a decaying orbit around a gas giant comprised primarily of farts. What I'm saying is that the Shrek children's book was written in 1990, so he wasn't even the best Shrek in popular media.

Is Data's story good or not? I say 'no' because it undermines Data's growth. It is well-structured and works with the themes of this episode though.

The Beige and The Bold is hosted on Anchor and is available on most podcasting platforms. New episodes are posted on Sunday nights at 9:00 PM CST.



source https://anchor.fm/tbntb/episodes/Birthright--Pt-1-elm38t

No comments: