Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Movie Notes: Fantasic Four: First Steps

I take notes when I watch movies and after the movies, I post those notes on the internet. These are my notes for Fantastic Four: First Steps. Notes made after the movie are made in <<>>'s. 

Waaay more crowded than Superman.

Missed a preview with LCDR Pelia.<<Caught Stealing, maybe?>>


Running Man - Why give the water gun part away in the trailer?


Operation Hail Mary - This trailer gets less tolerable with each rewatch. Doctorate in Molecular Biology…not many cells in a sun. You can't deny the soundtrack though. <<YES, I KNOW THE SUN GOT SICK IN THE MOVIE AND THERE WERE OTHER REASONS! I JUST DON'T LIKE THE TRAILER!>>


Wicked Ever After - I did this one already.


The Roses - Okay.


Predator Badlands - "First hunt." I don't get this. I get that it has tons of cliches and you can't hate a Predator movie for that. Whatever.


Avatar 3 - So, it's an Avatar movie.


Tons of stuff from the trailer was in this opening "recap." <<And that's good. Trailers should give us less.>>


The jello molds. Few things things say "The Future of the 70's Forever" than jello molds.


Complete military disarmament. That's…wow.


Moving fast, but let's roll with it.


Well, the invisible woman ultrasound is cool.


Don't know how I feel about Mr. Fantastic saying "bullshit."


Act I is moving quickly.


Honestly, Silver Surfer works better as a woman.


I like this Johnny. Chris Evans Johnny was a dick and could eat shit. 


Reed can't drive. Amazing.


Surprised the Excelsior–nice name BTW–has "United States" on it instead of "Fantastic Foundation." I guess the future of the 70's includes a moon landing. Maybe they'll be using the FTL engine to cross universes at the end.


You're going into it? Of course you are; you're the Fantastic Four.


Classic scan. Retro as fuck.


Fuck. Obviously she can travel faster than light.


Also, she is doing 200% more surfing than I anticipated.


500%


This movie's got the vibes, for sure. Baby.


Is everyone still ass at travel? <<No idea what I meant here>>


Month gone.


He has a right to be angry. Let's not endorse Omelas here.


This could be asking for help. <<Have no idea what the context is. Maybe the recording from Silver Surfer's people>>


This could be a first installment. I don't see how–


"...move Earth."

"...just Earth."

…mebbe just move Galactus?


"Millions of years" is a conceit, but hey, he's Reed Richards and I'm not.


Self-loathing is not a good look on Reed.


Why bring them to Earth? She chose Earth. Why?


LOL, they're gonna move Galactus.


37 seconds.


"Moleman can help." I don't think Moleman's gonna save us at the 11th hour. <<More like the 10th, which isn't a bad hour.>>


"...it's the only thing that ever has…" okay, that got me. <<"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead>>


I was hoping 'subterranean' was deeper.


The old switcheroo. Damn. Keep fighting him. Shoulda kept fighting him.


Well, now I want these guys in BG3. 


Wife or baby. Her del did inaveda <<I can't read my handwriting here.>>


"Push Galactus" doesn't seem like a good part of any plan.


Some of that doesn't cut together(?) too great, but… <<again. handwriting.>>


She does die. Magic baby saves her. But good death fakeout hustle.


SUCKS that no one dying was spoiled in that Doomsday teaser.


You go, CGI baby. You go.


Cute closer.


That is one hell of a bar in their house. The future of the 70's forever.


In a peaceful, unified world, what leg does Doctor fucking Doom stand on?

No comments: