Monday, August 09, 2021

Interface

Unedited, slightly incoherent, and mostly redundant, The Beige and The Bold Solo Sessions are episodes where I run through a show all on my own.

I'm sorry, but I just don't know Ben Vereen and Madge Sinclair. This isn't a boast; it's a--conspicuous--hole in my pop culture knowledge. Like, my dad and I sit around and talk about actors in movies. I'm introducing him to Giancarlo Esposito. I don't know them that well. Ben Vereen is still acting and Madge Sinclair was in The Lion King and Look Who's Coming to Dinner. Not small roles.

I always feel like Geordi is being handled with kid gloves and doesn't come across with any real personality because of it. All "Interface" tells us is that he didn't spring fully-formed from Zeus' forehead. But knowing which two humans f--had sex to make him doesn't actually develop Geordi as a character. We don't really learn anything about him.

The Beige and The Bold is hosted on Anchor and is available on most podcasting platforms. New episodes are usually posted on Sunday nights at 9:00 PM CST. If you have Netflix and would like to be a guest host for an episode in season seven, let me know on twitter @VanVelding or via Discord: https://ift.tt/3jVYoGL



source https://anchor.fm/tbntb/episodes/Interface-e15mr4b

No comments: