Sunday, December 15, 2019

Heart of Stone, with Dr. Izixs

In memory of Aron Eisenberg and René Auberjonois, I'm watching an episode of Deep Space Nine as a one-off. It's a landmark episode and probably too good to watch on a lark, but it's clearly worth it.

I'm watching this episode with my friend Dr. Izixs. He's a fellow Star Trek veteran and was kind enough to help me out with this.

I'll say it, even though the character of Spock was a landmark, I sincerely believe that Odo was Star Trek's best outsider character. I don't think he ever completes his arc the way Spock does, but the depth afforded by The Dominion War and his relationship with Kira over seven years gives us a lot more depth with it.

The Beige and The Bold is hosted on Anchor and is available on most podcasting platforms. New episodes go live on Sunday nights at 10:00 PM CST. You can find "Watchers of Tomorrow," Dr. Izixs' podcast at: https://ift.tt/2S25zAu



source https://anchor.fm/tbntb/episodes/Heart-of-Stone--with-Dr--Izixs-e9htpj

No comments: