Sunday, November 21, 2021

Homeward Solo Session

Unedited, slightly incoherent, and mostly redundant, The Beige and The Bold Solo Sessions are episodes where I run through a show with just you, the listener, as my companion. In "Homeward," I basically miss everything Dr. Crusher was saying because she addresses a lot of my concerns, but--

--what about DOMESTICATION?! Do you know how long it took for us to make wheat, corn, and other plants edible?! The Boraalans aren't starting over from their modest, medieval beginnings; they're going back to hunting and gathering. I'd be shocked if their culture survived that. If Lower Decks (the series) could casually kill off Spock 2, I'm rooting for them to revisit New Boraal and just find bodies.

The word I was thinking of was "referendum." Seems like something that The Federation could put together over a long weekend. I'd much rather see the story where Picard has to debate the fate of these guys with his own agenda against someone else, rather than just have him shrug his way through least-bad options.

The Beige and The Bold is hosted on Anchor and is available on most podcasting platforms. New episodes are usually posted on Sunday nights at 9:00 PM CST.



source https://anchor.fm/tbntb/episodes/Homeward-Solo-Session-e1ae014

No comments: