Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Dark Page

Dark Page is a heavy and surreal episode which is a hard thing to make fun of, but me and Smokey try. 

I hope you guys like How I Met Your Mother*. 

It's great how this episode deals with language and trauma. As best as a 45-minute episodic TV drama can. It utilizes Majel Barret effectively and Marina Sirtis gets some decent work. I'm not sure why this episode isn't remembered better. It's got an IMDB score of 6.4, which puts it in the bottom middle of Season 7. I don't see how it's neck-and-neck with "Force of Nature," which we'll get to.

I'm going to be mixing some of these episodes up. When it was just me and Derek I could keep a schedule (I couldn't, but you get my point). Now that I'm trying to get episodes with guests recorded before TNG goes off Netflix, which is schedule to happen "TBD but soon," I'm taking what I can, when I can. I wouldn't 100% bet on "Attached" being the episode for next week.

*Obviously, not the finale.

The Beige and The Bold is hosted on Anchor and is available on most podcasting platforms. New episodes are usually posted on Sunday nights at 9:00 PM CST. If you have Netflix and would like to be a guest host for an episode in season seven, let me know on twitter @VanVelding or via Discord: https://ift.tt/3jVYoGL



source https://anchor.fm/tbntb/episodes/Dark-Page-e17jgrr

No comments: