Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Descent, Pt I

I'm back with Grym and we're going over the Season 6 cliffhanger, "Descent, Pt I." I guess that's not really a spoiler if the name is "Part I." And if the last three season finales were also cliffhangers. What are we going to do; go back to clip shows to close out the season?

Anyway, we see Star Trek doing something really interesting with the Borg; allowing them to change and grow, becoming a new threat and a vehicle to explore human questions. Well, we haven't gotten to all that yet. We're just intrigued by the new thing we're doing with the Borg.

THIS shovel? It's, uh, certainly not here to put this interesting thing we're doing with the Borg into a shallow grave in a few years as this franchise commits to shortpacking everything to more easily sell it as individually-priced slivers of nostalgia. That's not even a Picard burn; it's a First Contact burn.

The Beige and The Bold is hosted on Anchor and is available on most podcasting platforms. New episodes are usually posted on Sunday nights at 9:00 PM CST.



source https://anchor.fm/tbntb/episodes/Descent--Pt-I-evp018

No comments: