Monday, September 23, 2019

The Beige and The Bold: Ensign Ro

This week's episode of The Beige and The Bold is "Ensign Ro."

I'm amazed that Picard's stupid jacket didn't immediately torpedo this sensitive diplomatic mission. But I'm glad we got Ro out of all of this.

And Deep Space Nine.

I didn't realize how the Iran/Iraq War and the Soviet/Afghan war ran almost contemporaneously for almost the entirety of the 80's. Lockerbie was in '88 and I was way off with the Beirut barracks bombing happening in '83, almost eight years before this episode. 

Still though, what could this series could have done with its main characters to make them more interesting, even if they were a bit more flawed? And I don't mean flawed as in 'poorly written.' I mean flawed in a way that made them more nuanced characters. Give Doctor Crusher a hat?

No comments: